Applying Studying Institutions Living


Halls of residence
There are halls of residence in every German university town. The rooms in these halls are generally very good value. The best value accommodation starts at around Euro 120 per month. However, you should not expect too much from the accommodation. You will not be moving into a luxury apartment. The room amenities, furnishing and rent will vary from one hall of residence to another. Halls of residence are operated by the local students' union or the church. They can provide information about rents, details of amenities and anything else you need to know.

Flat share
A flat share involves sharing a flat with several bedrooms with a number of other people. Each person normally has their own room. All residents share a communal living room, kitchen and bathroom.
Places in shared flats are often advertised on university notice boards, in the local press and on the Internet.

Students who would prefer to live alone can expect to pay higher rent. To find a good value flat, we recommend carefully reading the advertisements in the regional newspaper or placing an advertisement yourself. If you do not have time for that, you can contact a letting agent. However, you will pay for the letting agent's services, normally around three months' rent (exclusive of bills).

Important information about looking for accommodation and accommodation options can be found at:
German Mobility Centre at the Alexander von Humboldt Trust
Alexander von Humboldt Trust

php2all MiniCMS